DETAILED WEBEX GUIDE FOR PRESENTERS
INITIAL WEBEX SETUP:
Please install WebEx extension to your browser in advance.
Note: It is recommended to install a browser extension as WebEx events are supported better on an extension. We also note that the extension only works on some versions in Linux System.
For MAC users, please enable Security and Privacy Permission for Webex. Support Information for MAC OS and Webex can be found here.
HOW TO JOIN THE SESSION:
- An access-controlled page will be created on our website which will list all the WebEx meeting invites. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference.
- Using the invite on our page you can join a WebEx session by clicking on the link to join the meeting.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the meeting, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
- Please join at least 5 minutes before your designated time slot and be present during the video playback as well as the Q&A session. You are welcome to stay in the session as an attendee when not presenting.
DURING A VIDEO PLAYBACK SESSION (IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENTING LIVE):
- If you are NOT presenting your paper live, the Session Chair will mute your microphone during the video playback. You can join the discussion with the attendees by sending messages to “All Participants”.
- You are welcome to use private chat to direct questions to the Session Chair (NAME: Chair *).
- During the replay of the presentation video, attendees will ask questions related to the presentation through the Q&A feature of WebEx. The instructions are found in the Q&A section below.
- As organizers, we would like to ensure a smooth and productive virtual conference. Following the video presentation there is a short Q&A session.
- We request participants to use Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the WebEx window. If not shown, one can click on the icon shown below to enable the Q&A panel.
- Attendees will post questions in the Q&A window during the video playback. You are encouraged to keep an eye on the questions so to answer them during the Q&A Session.
- At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will unmute you and ask you to answer some of the questions in sequence they were submitted and within the allotted Q&A period.
- The Session Chair will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time. In case, some of the questions have not been answered we would request participants to use discussion boards for the same purpose.
Conferencing, online and in-person can be exhausting! We need to take breaks. We will take breaks. Breaks are built-in to the schedule!
- Stand up and stretch, get a snack, come back refreshed!
- If you leave WebEx on, make sure that your microphone is muted during the break.